Thursday, October 12, 2006

My B

So, I apologize to my very small number of readers for my long hiatus from this blog. In fact, it's very possible that I no longer have any readers because people have given up on checking for updates. In fact, it's very possible that I never started out with many readers to begin with. Anyhoo, I'm going to post anyways and pretend like I'm not talking to myself online.

As you can imagine, things have been very crazy and busy and have only gotten crazier and busier when school started again in early September. Here is a list of things that I can think of off the top of my head that have happened since my last post:

1. Kristen and Jake got married! Yay! I am so very happy for the two of them and regret that I wasn't able to join them for their celebration in Seattle, but think many happy happy joy joy thoughts for them!

2. Connor has gotten so much bigger! When he was born, he was 6 lbs, 11 oz. This week, he is somewhere between 12 and 13 pounds and he is only 2 months old.

3. For updated pictures of Connor, feel free to go to http://ctam.shutterfly.com/

4. The Yankees win the AL East division title! Yay!

5. The Yankees win game 1 of the ALDS against Detroit and I was at that game! Yay!

6. The Yankees lose the next three games and blow it in the ALDS against Detroit. boo.

7. Duckhat brewing Co. pumps out another 4 beers! Three bottled beers: Chocolate Porter, Double IPA, and Oktoberfest Ale. One beer currently processing: Stout (pictures of bottle labels to follow)

8. Josh creates new Duckhat Brewing Co. pint glasses and they are awesome! (picture of glasses to follow as well)

9. Barenaked Ladies release new CD entitled "Barenaked Ladies are me". Takes a little getting used to, but I like it! My favorite track is "Maybe you're right". Give it a go if you haven't heard it...

10.
Plane crashes into a building on the Upper East side of Manhattan...woah! Turns out that Cory Lidle (new Yankees pitcher) was in the plane...double woah!

I think that pretty much sums up the last two months of my life (well, except for the many hours working at school, and the many hours grading and planning and reporting and then the many hours at home caring for Connor and the many hours not sleeping), but that's life! Well, ... that's life as I know it for now!

Shannon returns to work in a few weeks (she has been working so hard for the past 2.5 months! Anybody who says that being a stay-at-home parent is lazy or easy or "lucky" is out of their minds! Plus, I can only imagine that it gets exponentially harder as the kid grows up!) When Shannon returns to work, I have planned to stay home with the Con-man for over two whole months (Oct 30 - Jan 8)! So, I am very much looking forward to that time! But, with that comes the responsibility of planning out two months of work to give to the substitute teacher, so my time between now and Oct 30 is going to be very busy. Well, dear readers (or reader,...or perhaps, nobody...) thank you so much for coming to visit the site again and feel free to spread the word that I'm back baby! Feel free to post a comment. I'd be interested in seeing how many people actually read this. Since I've only told about a dozen people that this site even exists, I'm pretty sure that now my blog is just me talking to myself. Well, on that note, peace out homeslice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and to me! and some other folks.

that boy is ceeeeuuute, man!

jillypickle said...

comin' through, loud and clear! the con-man. hee hee.

Jeph said...

Yay! Readers! I hope to post again very soon and will be posting quite frequently when I'm on my break.