Friday, July 03, 2009

Summer

The three favorite words for a teacher...June, July and August! Anytime I ever have doubts about what I'm doing or think of alternative jobs that I could have, I remember these three words and all is better. (OK, it's really only half of June, and some teachers don't even get those, but I do and I'm sure as heck going to enjoy them!)

So far this summer has been different than the others. I probably don't have to tell anybody this, but staying home all day with 2 children is MUCH different than staying home with one. I'll try to elaborate on that later. But, after some adjustment, we're back in the swing of things and having a great time! I have a ton of blog ideas in my head. Now I just need the time to write.

But, to give you a quick recap on what's been going on for the first two weeks of summer break, Zoƫ is crawling up a storm, she has started to eat baby food so that has been a messy and exciting experience, Connor is in love with baseball (both watching and cheering for the Yankees AND playing it - he's a pro at hitting a baseball and he's got a really good throw! Check out pictures from his website to see some pics of his form), we've also been doing lots of projects and crafts like drawing and doing puzzles, and my big project for the summer is to redesign the entire apartment. I've already "reimagined" the entire bedroom and I'm working on "reimagining" the living room. Hopefully these new designs will help make our apartment seem less cluttered and look a little nicer. If nothing else, at least it means that I've moved everything around and dusted and cleaned under every piece of furniture we own! After the living room, I'll move on to the kitchen and the closets. Oh, I've also been playing a lot of guitar (although still not as much as I'd like!) and I also plan on losing about 25-30 pounds this summer.

So, as you can see, a lot of stuff has been going on! We have a bunch of beach trips planned this summer (CT, NY, NC, and NJ) so I'll try to update those as we go along. Anyways, hopefully I can find time to blog this summer. I make no promises, but thank you for continuing to read and checking. I think my key to success is going to be "short and sweet", but I seem to have troubles with that. We'll see how it turns out, but one thing that I'm pretty good about updating is shutterfly, so please keep looking there often!

that is all...
g'night!

1 comment:

JonnyTam13 said...

Welcome back! I'm interested to see this reimagined apartment of yours. Good luck!