Saturday, July 22, 2006

May I introduce to you...

You too?
Yes, me too. Everyone seems to be blogging these days and I thought that I would join in the party! For a long time, I've been watching Jill, Risa and Jordan blog it out and it's been great following what goes on in their super creative minds! If you haven't been to their blogs, I highly suggest that you get your tushies over there! However, I will have to say that I've been reading blogs well before "blog" was even a word! My cousin Kevin created a webpage four years ago that was basically a weblog. You definitely need to read it if you're into poopy discussions and very entertaining thoughts!

U2?
No, not U2, but RHCP. Although I desperately tried to think of a blog title that was based on U2 (my favorite band), I failed. But, rather I thought that it might be witty to title the blog "Under the Bridge". It is a reference to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song (one of my favorite, might I add) of the same name, but also a reference to where I live. That's right, Shannon and I live in the Heights (Washington Heights), just south of the George Washington Bridge in New York City. In fact, if you step outside to the front of our apartment, you have a beautiful view of the bridge. It's best when it's all lit up at night. So, for all of you out there who think that Washington Heights is too far, I implore you to not be afraid of The Heights and come visit us!

You two?
Yes, us two. I promise to discuss many other topics and many other things that cross my mind, but many of my future blogs may drift towards the new addition to our family. No matter how much I really don't want to become one of those new parents who seem incapable of talking about anything besides their baby and how their baby just did this and how their baby is the cutest and how their baby's puke smells like flowers and how their baby is blah blah blah, I fully succumb to the fact that this new development is going to change our lives. So, there may be many blogs that touch upon new developments or new pictures, etc. I've come to terms with it. So should you.

Ewe too?
No. There will be no discussion of ewes or any other kind of livestock. Actually....I'm not sure I can make the promise of livestock, but I'm pretty sure that there will not be any discussions of ewes....except for this one....damn it! OK, no MORE discussions of ewes.

You Dunn?
No, I'm Tam.

You done?
Yes, I'm done. Thank you for reading and come back often. I'll see how frequently I can post messages. Since I'm off for the summer right now, I will most likely be posting often, but once baby is born, I can't guarantee anything. Also, then school will start in September and then all bets are off. But, I promise that I'll try to post as often as I can! Also, please expect posts that are much more stream-of-consciousness in the future. Please feel free to tell anyone whom you think would be interested in this.

1 more 2 u
Happy Birthday Jon-boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! bienvenidos! but be warned...blogging is highly addictive and changes your perspective on life events. we carry a camera around more and are always saying, "that would make a great post."

Anonymous said...

jeph! i love it! welcome to the darkside.

Jeph said...

Thanks guys! It's nice to be here. I've already found myself carrying my camera around! What have I done!

jillypickle said...

mmmm...blogs.