Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fantasies are normal

OK, first "Adult" kickball and now "Fantasy" baseball....this is getting pretty risque!

So, I've been playing fantasy baseball this year and this has been my very first time playing. It has both opened my eyes, as well as ruined my life. I have never been so knowledgeable of all of the many other baseball players in the MLB, and I find myself rooting for different teams simply because I have one of the players on my fantasy team. Also, if I have players on opposing teams who are playing each other, I'll watch the game and come up with situations that need to happen to best suit my fantasy team (ex: well, so-and-so can get a base-hit and steal a base, but then I need the pitcher to get out of the inning without any runs, and then once they take my pitcher out, I need so-and-so to come in to hit a homerun and get a bunch of RBIs, but not too many runs, because I need my closer to come in and get a save). Crazy! So, in addition to watching all of the Yankees games this year, I now watch all of these other games to see how my players are doing. Also, with a tool called Stattracker, you can see current stats on all of your fantasy players as well as your opponents stats to get up-to-the-minute updates. Needless to say, if I'm ever by a computer, Stattracker is always on and I am always looking at it! Anyways, it has been a lot of fun, but between monitoring all my players and deciding whom I should keep and whom I should trade away and whom I should pick up, fantasy baseball has ruined my life...well, life as I know it...

p.s.-The Yankees just lost 6-19 to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays today, but they shut them out yesterday 6-0. What does that mean? It means that Johnson is a piece of $%#^ and Wang is my hero. Heh heh...Johnson and Wang...

No comments: