Well, it's official. I've been on paternity leave for 5 and 1/2 weeks! I can't believe that it's been that long already! As my lack of updates may indicate, staying at home with a baby takes up much more time than I was expecting! I knew that it would be a lot of work, but I was expecting a little more free time! But, I do have to say that I have been having a blast and it is totally worth all the work! So, I have actually tried many different versions of this post, but I keep getting interrupted. So, I'm going to post some lists to consolidate my thoughts.Major milestones already passed:
1. smiling
2. laughing
3. grabbing things
4. putting hands together
5. playing with toys on his play mat
6. rolled over twice (back to front)
7. grabbing his feet
8. recognizes the tv and enjoys the colors and noise
9. can push himself up when on belly
10. stands on feet with a lot of assistance
List of duties (heh heh....duties....) when staying at home:
1. diaper changes (#1)
2. diaper changes (#2)
3. feedings (every 2-3 hours)
4. playtime on his play mat
5. swing time
6. carrying him around in Baby Bjorn
7. playing in crib and watching Baby Pooh mobile
8. nap time
9. cleaning up drool, spit up, etc.
Once I figured out his feeding schedule, we've been taking adventures around the city. I'll just strap him into the Baby Bjorn and we'll travel through the subway system to go shopping, or visit my school, or visit Shannon for lunch, or travel pretty much anywhere. I have plans to take him x-mas shopping later. OK, well, speaking of which, Connor is starting to get fussy, so I'm going to go and figure out what he needs. I have a lot of thoughts for future posts, so hopefully I get to post soon! Ciao!

3 comments:
so happy to hear daddy and baby are having a ball! don't forget that one day he'll be changing your diaper...
p.s. got your holiday card -- what a cuuuuuutie pie.
True, and he'll also be feeding me liquified foods and patting me on my hairless head....circle of life....circle...of...life.
dude, that is an awesome picture!
Post a Comment