OK, I did it again. I once again ignored my blog for months on end. In fact, this hiatus was even longer than the last one! So, my humblest apologies to my dear readers, and although I would like to say that I'll be more diligent in the future, I can not make such promises. Instead, all I can say is that I will do my best and thank you for checking in every so often.
Anyways, with a long hiatus comes a long list of things that have happened in my life since my last blog.
I'll start with a new list of Connor's milestones past:
1) he now crawls, stands, and cruises (walks on his feet while holding onto things)
2) he started walking last week and he is starting to get pretty good at it. He'll take a bunch of steps and then stop and stand, and then continue on. He can't really make it long distances and he'll usually resort to hanging onto something or crawling, but he's making good progress!
3) He now eats baby food and all sorts of solid foods (apples, pears, peaches, bananas, ground beef, steak, chicken, some fish, green beans, broccoli, carrots, and squash)
4) He still hasn't purposefully said any real words, but he's definitely making a lot of noises and trying out new sounds. He's said things like dadadadadada and mamamamamama and bababababababa. But, he's not really talking to us, so we're not counting it.
5) He's pretty good at waving hello and good bye to people.
6) He likes playing peek-a-boo with people, but his version is to look at you sideways and smile.
7) He's very smiley and just a very happy baby in general.
8) He loves music and often times will dance by bending his knees, flailing his arms and rocking his body and head to the beat. He also really loves live music so I play the guitar and drums for him a lot. Also, we sing to him a lot and sometimes he'll even sing along.
9) He doesn't really sleep much. He usually takes a nap in the morning and a nap in the early afternoon, but then he usually stays awake until 11 pm or midnight. Sometimes, if we're out and he's too interested in everything around him, he won't take his naps, and then he gets cranky.
10) He has a natural mohawk. Or a faux-hawk. We honestly don't put anything in his hair, although I'll admit that I will sometimes run my hand through it to accentuate it some more. It's just the way his hair is growing in and we love it!
OK, that's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment