Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wai Ting Tam

So, due to the fact that I have at least one reader (yay!) I'm going to continue my streak of posting. It is now Saturday night (5 days after our new baby's due date!) and we're starting to get a little impatient! Both Shannon and I went to work last week and we were bombarded by questions left and right which ranged from "No baby?" to "What are you still doing here?!" For the most part, we've both been pretty chill about waiting, but the questions are starting to become a bit much. From what I've heard, it's normal for babies to come up to two weeks past their due date. However, we were spoiled the first time around since Connor was right on time. This next one seems to have a few extra genes from the Kelly side, possibly causing him/her to be a bit tardy.

My brother and Brenda recently went through their waiting period when Kaylani was born 5 days after her due date and they were going absolutely crazy while they were waiting (www.jontam.com). I'll admit that I would be much more anxious if this were our first child. However, now I'm just taking care of Connor, and when he goes to bed, I try to finish my school work as quickly as possible and try to get as much sleep as I can at night. It hasn't been that long since Connor's started sleeping through the night and I'm trying to cherish uninterrupted sleep while I can get it! Oh sleep, I miss you so....

So, to conclude, no baby yet. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl so we're still working through our lists of names. But, whether it's a boy or a girl, perhaps it's chinese name should be "Wai Ting Tam".

p.s. - finally updated pictures on Connor's shutterfly account with pictures from the summer. Enjoy! (http://ctam.shutterfly.com)

2 comments:

jillypickle said...

good babies come to those who wait! (i was 9 days late myself.)

Jeph said...

Well, then this baby is going to be great! At least it's given us plenty of time to think of names! Plus, I think it's just waiting for my second favorite holiday! Gobble gobble!