Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ceilidh-rrific!

So, we're back from the Ceilidh (pronounced "Kay-lee") and it was a rockin' great time! The Kellys definitely represented with the following set list:

1. Wild Rover - part of ensemble leading the Sing-a-long to start the performances
2. Galway Bay - Mary Ann
3. Danny Boy - Heather (backed by Uncle Steve)
4. I Know My Love - Heather (backed by Shannon and Uncle Steve)
5. The Worst Pirate - Sung by Michael Daly (but originally a song of Ceann - Pat and Brian Halloran's band, cousins of the Kellys)
6. Auld Grey Man - Shannon
7. Mick McGilligan's Ball - Mary Ann (backed by Shannon and Heather)
8. Love You Til the End - I forgot who sang this (but backed by Heather and Uncle Steve)
9. The Fields of Athenry - Uncle Steve (backed by Heather and others)
10. Four Green Fields - Heather
11. Too Ra Loo Ral - Heather and somebody else leading a sing-along
12. Isn't It Grand Boys - Heather, Uncle Steve, Mary Ann and ensemble

So, the evening started with an hour of music from a Celtic Band named Woodkerne. (Connor was a huge hit all night because he would run around, dance, and definitely stole the show more than a few times!) Then, the other performances started at 9pm and lasted until midnight! All the performers were great and it was a very relaxed and fun environment where the booze was flowing freely (BYOB) and the setlist loose.

Connor was extremely well behaved and had a blast (he definitely turned into a pumpkin at the end of the night and was very sleepy, but what do you expect, it was midnight! He danced a lot, ran around the whole theater, shared the stage with his family, sat in the audience and listened with Yeh yeh and yin yin (the Tam grandparents who came down from Boston), and loved the whole show! Zoƫ was also passed around and was very well-behaved. All in all, it was an extremely successful outing with the kids and we're glad that we were able to share it with them.

As a treat, I am also showcasing my brand new HD digital camcorder (that I got for Christmas this year - thanks mom and dad!) The quality here on the web is not HD, but that's because I condensed them to a more reasonable size for web-viewing. During the Ceilidh, I only recorded the songs performed by Kellys (however, tragically and unfortunately, there was a camcorder mishap and Shannon's song "Auld Grey Man" wasn't recorded and I am super bummed about that. I'm trying to track down somebody else's recording of it...) and I figured out a way to post them all on YouTube. So, you can find them here, or I've also embedded them below at the bottom of this post. If you press play and then scroll over the video, you should be able to select all 10 of the videos (including one of Connor dancing around the theater to Woodkerne).

Anyways, enjoy! Also, I'll post some of the photos soon (I need to weed out some of the photos from the 209 that I took! But, I'll eventually post them on Shutterfly or picasa and let you know when I do.

No comments: