Picture from last year's Ceilidh
OK, it's not even my plug to make, but since I'm going to go to it, I'll give it a shout out. This Saturday (Feb 21st), I'll be in New Britain, CT at something called a Ceilidh. A Ceilidh is a Gaelic word meaning party or happy gathering, one filled with music, stories, dancing and celebration. The local CT theater (Hole in the Wall Theater), that Shannon and her family have been involved with as she grew up, is hosting a Ceilidh and there will be a ton of Kellys there performing (Heather, Mary Ann, Uncle Steve, and yes, my dear wifey, SHANNON!) Last year was their first Ceilidh (in which the above mentioned people all performed) and it was so successful that they decided to do it again! It was a lot of fun and I had a blast! So, if you're in the area and you want to come have a great rockin Irish time with Connor, Zoe and me, you should definitely come by! Connor didn't come last year, so this will be his first experience with the Ceilidh (and seeing his mommy perform on stage!) so I know he'll have a great time! You should probably call (860) 229-3049 for reservations because it is a small theater and I don't know how many people are planning on going.
The cost is a suggested donation of $20/person. According to the website, the evening will begin at 6:00pm with free Irish step-dancing lessons. Then, you can try out your new moves from 7:00 to 8:00pm to a live Irish band. Then, the performances will be from 8:00 to 11:00pm, including a variety of Celtic music, dancing, and readings. Heather, Mary Ann, Shannon, and Uncle Steve are all slated to individually sing traditional Irish songs. Plus, I believe the Kellys have been given a blank check, so any other Kellys are welcome to just show up and perform, so there may be some other guest appearances!
Anyways, come, bring a six-pack of beer (I'll probably have two with me!) and enjoy the festivities as we prime our pumps and warm up for St.Patrick's Day later in March! I'll be sure to post pictures of it when we return home.

No comments:
Post a Comment