
10 reasons why I love living where I am up here in Washington Heights (not necessarily in any particular order).
1. It's relatively close to work (30 minutes on one train)
2. It's "close" (this includes short drives, mostly to the Upper West Side) to a wide array of wonderful food of all types of styles: BBQ (Daisy May's - driveable without crazy traffic on West Side Highway, Dinosaur), good pizza (Grandpa's! Woot!), Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Malaysian), Burgers, Tacos (real Mexican ones), Dominican (of course), French, Cuban, and I'm sure much much more.
3. Amenities of the building (doorman - don't know if I can ever live without this again!, dishwasher, gym, "affordable" parking garage, nice laundry room in basement)
4. Nice family atmosphere in the building
5. Very close to Riverside Park with beautiful view of the GW Bridge.
6. Extremely close to Yankees Stadium (10-15 minutes by bus / 30-40 minutes by foot)
7. Since we are able to keep a car here, it's convenient to visit our families (with little traffic - 1.5 hours to CT family, 3 hours to Boston family and 1.25 hours to NJ family.)
8. It's a very spacious apartment (especially by NYC standards) and it's really quiet in our apt.
9. Tons of culture and activities to go to in NYC that are just a subway ride away (now, if only we took greater advantage of this! At least, we used to more before the kids...)
10. Close proximity to our dear friends (but not as close as we'd like to many of our other friends and family all around...)
Well, those are just a few reasons why I like it here. If you've never been to visit, please come stop by and check it out! If you have visited before, please come and visit again!
Well, I'm still sick and Shan, Con and ZoZo are all in various stages of sickness (luckily, most of them near full-recovery), so I'm going to go to bed. But, aren't you proud of my blogging efforts! I hope I can keep this going through baseball season! (I start coaching in early March and pitchers and catchers start tomorrow for the Yankees! Yay baseball!)
Good night!

1 comment:
I still think you should move to Jersey. You can have a doorman here! And Brendalys can make you real Mexican tacos too...
Post a Comment