
OK, so I'm a little bit torn about this post. On the one hand, I really like the idea of random things and it seems like a neat idea for a blog post. On the other hand, this whole 25 Random Facts thing has really blown out of proportion and I don't like the idea of being a "follower" of a fad. Also, I really despise chain letters and this is basically a new-fangled Facebook version of one (tag 25 people and keep it going). I've been tagged once and I've read others and the baseball blog sites (of which I've been addicted to during the Hot Stove months - namely www,mlbtraderumors.com) had a version about 25 random facts about random Yankees.
So, I've decided to go Jon's route (Feb 5th) and blog about 25 random facts, instead of doing the Facebook thing and forcing 25 people to read it and proliferating it. Now, the trick is to find out whether I actually have 25 readers to this blog yet, so if you want to comment on it, we'll all see if I can reach the magic number of Twenty-Five and what you all do from there is up to you...well, enjoy!
Also, because of time-restraints (and also to stretch this out into 3 different posts), I'm going to separate this out into 3 installments. Welcome to Part One!
1. I love the smell of freshly-mowed grass and the smell right when it starts to rain on a hot summer day.
2. I can play the guitar, the trumpet, the piano, the djembe drums, and the Guitar Hero World Tour drumset (does that count?). I've also been trying to learn the harmonica and the saxophone and would love to learn how to play a real drumset and the banjo one day.
3. In the later years of my life (all post-college), I have become allergic to cats and pollen, become intolerant to lactose, and developed eczema.
4. I have been a soccer, basketball and baseball coach (at the middle and high school level) and I was the faculty advisor to the Model United Nations club (long story, but I got roped into that one!)
5. I have played an entire season of an MLB baseball game (on my ps2), which includes pre-season games, 162 regular season games, and of course the post-season (where I won the World Series). That was a good summer!
6. I don't read very much, but I've read every Harry Potter book (most of them twice).
7. U2 is my favorite band and I've seen them live 6 times. The Zoo TV tour was the first concert that I have EVER been to and is still the best one that I've EVER been to.
8. Green is my favorite color, black is my favorite color to wear, 13 is my favorite number.
9. I have visited (I don't count airplane layovers) 30 of the 50 states in the US.
10. I love lamp.

2 comments:
Blog idea stealer! Just kidding, great list! I want more! I actually had no idea green was your favorite color. It's like I don't even know you...
re: eczema, in lieu of Rx, have you tried emu oil? it sounds weird, i know, but it helped with a skin condition i was having. try it, it's all natural!
/infomerical
Post a Comment